Snow Scan Powder is a brand new alternative to scan spray for CAD/CAM. It is up to 12x more accurate with a 1μm coating, compared spray’s average coating of 12μm. It is up to 60x more economical, yielding over 3000 abutment scans per container, compared to just 50 scans per spray can. It leaves a perfectly even coating, has no dry wait time, and easy to clean up. The dust-like powder adheres to metal, wax, zirconia, stone, resin, and other shiny surfaces.
Snow Scan Powder (green) leaves a perfectly even layer
Powder vs Spray Comparison Chart
- Remove foam padding inside before use.
- Lavishly apply powder multiple times onto the brush before applying on the appliance to prevent under-application.
- Double-check that there is powder applied to entire appliance before scanning.
- Clean appliance with preferred method (steam cleaner or similar).
- Check scan to see if any area was under-applied. Add powder accordingly and run an adaptive scan to complete the process.
- Make sure to lightly dab/touch the appliance to apply powder accordingly instead of brushing and pushing it on. Needs a light touch. Dab and apply the powder at least 4-5 times per case.